The Hawaii Chapter of the National Parkinson's Foundation (NPF) is a non-profit volunteer group comprised of people with Parkinson's disease, caregivers, family members, health care professionals, educators and leaders in the business community. The Hawaii Parkinson Association was established in 1996. In January of 2012, we formalized our affiliation with NPF and have changed our name to NPF-Hawaii Chapter.
Our Mission is to:
- Support ongoing research in finding the cause and cure for Parkinson disease.
- Improve the quality of life for both patients and their caregivers; and
- Grants-in-Aid Program which provides financial aid to assist members with health-related care.
- Educate patients, caregivers and the public about Parkinson disease.
- Maintain and assist support groups
- Publish quarterly newsletter
- Produce annual symposium
- Provide public awareness about PD
- Produce educational programs for healthcare workers
- Facilitate programs for people with PD
Our Volunteer Board of Directors:
- Carolyn Ching
- Claire Ideta
- Jack Richardson
- Jill Wakabayashi
- Kay Kitazumi
- Sarah Han
- Sharlene Nihipali-Rodrigues
- Tiloi Lolotai